Love is a strong word, that can be very tricky at times. People want to be loved and show love at the same time. Receiving love is the easy part.
We hopefully have loving friends and family that surround us everyday whether we recognize it or not. Showing love is the more difficult part. I will be the first to admit that I am not the first to show affection or show love to the ones I truly love. It takes practice and a humble heart to really change your way of thinking and to be the person that people know they can count on when times are low for some love. I have come up with 5 different ways to show love to the ones you love without uttering the words ” I love you.”
1. Stop off on your way home from work: Stop on your way home from work and get your loves favorite ice cream, or maybe your daughters favorite soda. Maybe it is a special kind of pizza, or that new book your son has been dying to buy but just can’t seem to save enough allowance money up to buy it. Don’t make a huge announcement of this “small token” of love, just leave it random in the house some place he or she will see.
2. Demonstrate that you are trying to correct that bad habit: I am the worse nagger in wife history. I feel like a broken record and nag my husband way to much. (big flaw) Make an obvious effort to stop doing that. For my husband it is leaving his socks in the same place everyday and he knows it drives me nuts. But just recently I have noticed he has started throwing them in the laundry room instead of the middle of the kitchen floor. But he was nice about it and didn’t say ” see, I’m working on it.” Instead his actions speak louder than his words.
3. Do a good deed: One that they know you don’t typically do but they will notice that you have helped out a little more. Maybe this is bathing the children, taking out the trash, cleaning up the kitchen after dinner or even something simple like putting away clean folded clothes. Knowing that you did the chore or task he/she knows you generally dislike can speak volumes of how you feel about him/her.
4. Post your anniversary date in a random spot around the house: He/she will see this and immediately put a smile on their face and let them know you are thinking about them.Whether it is on the bathroom mirror, the refrigerator door, inside the kitchen drawer or on their dashboard. Next to it, write, “Best day of my life.” No need to say “I love you,” you just did.
5. Throw him/her that secret look:Send a smile or smirk that only the two of you understand. No words need to accompany it. Maybe it is a wink or nod or other signal the two of you have established that means, “I love you.” Sending it to your lover when it is most unexpected, will mean a lot. This show your lover that you are thinking about them for no special reason and that they are always on your mind.
Hopefully these 5 tips will help you boost your love for others and how to show your love.